13 December 2014

Favourite artists: Delta Goodrem. Australia #1

Today it's time for my second Favourite Artists post. And also for the first post from Australia.



If asked for my favourite Oceanian artist, I'd pick Delta Goodrem. She released her first single in 2001 and first album in 2003, and has been successful since. Her first album was called Innocent Eyes and the above song was the title track of it. I have listened this album many many times and I love most songs in it, but Innocent Eyes is my favourite. Delta's music has always had piano in an important role since she plays it, but this first album has the most heavy piano sound to it. And I like it as piano is my favourite instrument.

Another track I love from Delta's first album, which might also be her best known song, is...



Lost Without You. I remember I was in elementary school when I first heard this song, so probably in 2003/2004 as it was released in 2003. If I remember correctly, the song was quite popular back then here in Finland, as at least I heard it often somewhere. It is probably the only Delta song I have heard on the radio. Or maybe I have heard Almost Here on radio too, I don't remember. But it is quite a shame that she isn't more popular than she is.



Believe Again is a song from Delta's third album Delta, released in 2007. I really like the lyrics of this song. They are meaningful and have a good message. The song is good by itself, but if you can be touched by the lyrics, it becomes even better.



Delta's newer music, in my opinion obviously, is quite different from the first album's piano music. [But she still does live performances playing piano, which are great by the way.] Even though I loved Innocent Eyes, it is nice to hear different kind of music from Delta. It gets very boring fast if an artist does only one type of songs.

I really love Sitting On Top Of The World and also its music video. It is such a positive song. It was released in 2012 as a lead single from her newest studio album Child Of The Universe. I must admit that even though I now really like this song, at first I was unsure. I guess I was expecting more of the old Delta style and it took me a while to get use to this. But in the end, it ended up being one of my favourite songs in 2012.



I think my favourite song from Delta is Dancing With A Broken Heart (but very closely followed by Innocent Eyes). It is also a single from Child Of The Universe and was released in 2012. Once again it is the lyrics that make me truly love this song. I find them personally touching, which seems to be the case with many of Delta's songs. But the music is also very good. And the vocals, of course.

Her most recent singles are again quite different from her previous songs, so it will be interesting to see what she comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment